Deactivate your subscription
Getting Started - Deadly Digits
Day to Day
Supplier Adjustment Notes
Chart of Accounts
Customer Adjustment Notes
Customer Statements - Deadly Digits
Invoices - Deadly Digits
The JobKeeper Extension Webinar by Clayton Oates (QA Business)
JobKeeper Payments FAQ
Processing JobKeeper Payments in Deadly Digits
JobKeeper reporting periods
Adding JobKeeper Allowance pay items in Deadly Digits
Processing EOFY - Deadly Digits
FAQ - Deadly Digits STP
Using Deadly Digits Timesheets with Payroll
Lodge Tax File Number (TFN) Declaration
Processing a Pay Run
Processing SuperStream Payments
Single Touch Payroll - Deadly Digits
Bank Accounts - Deadly Digits
Undoing a bank reconciliation
Reconciliation - Deadly Digits
Reconciling your accounts
Deadly Digits Transactions
Import Chart of Accounts
Deadly Digits Search
Reconciling External Merchant Fees
Deadly Digits FAQ
Delete the bank transactions (QIF/CSV file) in bulk that was incorrectly imported.
Refund customer overpayment
Configuring and Understanding PayPal integration in Deadly Digits
Credit Card Account has no provision for a Credit Limit
Forcing an immediate update of your Yodlee bankfeed
How to update YTD balances on the Payment summary in Deadly Digits
Receiving a cash refund for an overpayment of a bill.
How do I enter ACN in Deadly Digits?
Super is not calculating
Error: Line item does not have a number, when entering TimeSheet entries on an Invoice
How to close a BankData Account in Deadly Digits
Manually Importing PayPal fee transactions.
Creating a new role for a user in Deadly Digits.
Looping issue when creating new Book.
Payable Type field in Deadly Digits
Setting up a BankData account on Deadly Digits
How to lock or unlock the book.
Unable to pay super guarantee for amounts below $450.00
Manually Importing PayPal transactions
Grey Screen When Trying to Print in Deadly Digits
Downloaded Bankdata transactions disappear from a Deadly Digits Book
Payment summary is out by Pays, which was done via YTD setup.
Latest Bankdata transactions not available in Deadly Digits Book.
Employees are unable to enter timesheets and/or Expense claims on Mobile app.
HTTP ERROR 504 when loading an Account Enquiry Report, and unable to load book. Blank screen
How to add or change or purchase the new modules? Activate /Deactivate Modules
How to enable Estimates or Quotes feature in my Book?
Recording RCTI in Deadly Digits or (buyer created tax invoice)
How do I enable Leave Loading to be included in Super calculations in Deadly Digits?
Unable to login to Deadly Digits Portal when Ad-blocker is installed.
Enter opening balances in Deadly Digits
“Error reading selected bank transactions” when clicking on Reconcile on the Banking Screen
Entering the FBT amount on the Payment Summary in Deadly Digits
Creating an ABA file for batch payments processing in bank, from Deadly Digits.
Creating customer statements
An error occurred submitting single touch payroll details to the API
Credit for GST tax paid on BAS does not match GST on Purchases on GST Summery Report
Access Denied or You do not have enough access rights ... attempting to view a Book on Mobile App
How to link Bankdata feeds and allocate transactions in Deadly Digits
How to process the Termination in Deadly Digits?
How to enter a Director’s Loan into a Deadly Digits Book
Recording SuperStream payments in Deadly Digits
“Invalid Company Information error” in GovConnect STP when submitting pays from Deadly Digits
How to update the billing information in Deadly Digits? How to change the credit card details
Can’t add a tax code to a transaction in the Payments and Receipts window of CashBook.
How to Setup and Calculate Super in Deadly Digits
Importing PayPal transactions and matching with my records from PayPal payment services.
Writing Off Bad-Debts in Deadly Digits:
BankData signup & configuration for Deadly Digits
CashBook Online screen wobbles
Transaction rule does not pick up the transaction
The opening balance changes in a reconciliation when a transaction from previous month, is reconcile
STP Payrun Has No Figures Appearing
Cannot process a downloaded Bank Transaction - <> characters in the Description field.
How to unlock the bank account that has been locked after reconciliation.
Last financial year to date report does not show transactions to today
Removing an account from your Deadly Digits BankData Record
Submitting an STP Update Event or Full File Replacement in Deadly Digits
Understanding RESC in Deadly Digits
Invoice shows Due Date one day before Invoice Date
No ability to unlink a bank ledger account from a bank feed
How to purchase the expired trial book?
The Cash/Bank status for this entry differs from what is was previously set to. This is not allowed
Why do I get an Error 522 when I attempt to add my bank account to my BankData record through Yodlee
Entering YTD Payroll balances in Deadly Digits, when migrating from another software.
Downloaded bank transaction does not allocate to bank ledger accounts
Create new user in Deadly Digits, Delete the user, share the book with accountants
Connecting your Book to your BankData feeds
How to switch the ownership of a bank feed
Text on Deadly Digits new design is not properly aligned
STP Screen has Doubled Up Employees & Gross Amounts in Deadly Digits
Invoices print with part of top and left side cut off
Processing SuperStream in Deadly Digits
Error - Tax code cant be entered for non-taxable items
Entering Gross Amounts (Tax inclusive) or Net Amounts (Tax exclusive) in your transactions.
How to Submit a Nil STP Submission to the ATO using Deadly Digits
Postings don’t balance when entering a Journal.
How to enable/process Taxable Payments Annual Reports (TPAR) in Deadly Digits.
Deadly Digits Invoice does not save.
How to stop reducing SG from Salary Sacrifice (new law effective from 1 Jan 2020) in Deadly Digits
Credit Card transactions no longer available in Deadly Digits after creating a new Yodlee feed
Cannot change Terms and Credit limits on the Deadly Digits App
Error – the value ‘/Date(14749879800000)/’ is not valid for StartDate
SSO (Google/Microsoft) accounts are unable to login from Mobile App.
Do not have a decimal point on the Deadly Digits App
Deleting a Deadly Digits BankData subscription
Duplicate Pay Runs Automatically Created in Deadly Digits
How to edit/delete the paid invoices in Deadly Digits?
Preparing Deadly Digits for Single Touch Payroll, (STP)
Processing GST payable and GST refunds to and from the ATO in Deadly Digits
Setting up and processing Payroll in Deadly Digits.
Editing and creating a new ABA file with an updated amount
‘Pay run error: the number credit is outside the valid range’ when finishing the termination payrun.
Processing Employment termination payments (ETP) in Deadly Digits:
Processing Time In Lieu in Deadly Digits
Changing my Bank Login
Connecting to Yodlee FastLink
Missing Latest Transactions
FAQ - Yodlee
Direct Bank Feeds
Currently Support BankFeeds
Troubleshooting - Bankdata
Bankfeed missing transaction
Creating a direct feed to a Westpac bank account
Missing transactions in BankData downloads
Removing Duplicate transactions from a BankData import in Deadly Digits
You don’t have permission to request bank feeds for this account error when attempting to download B
Unexpected Error Adding Yodlee Feed for BankData
Handling Online Banking and BankData in the one company file
Forcing an immediate update of your Yodlee bankfeed
Bank Feed Management screen is missing some bank feed connections.
Latest Bankdata transactions not available in Deadly Digits Book.
Signing up for a Bankdata license on Reckon Accounts
Do not have an Operator ID to complete signup for an ANZ Credit Card account through Yodlee
Transactions for Yodlee accounts suddenly stop
Yodlee feeds do not automatically update
How to sign up an Australian ANZ Business Banking account to BankData
You dont have permission to request bank feeds .....for an ANZ Business One CC
Accessing Yodlee feeds with MFA for the first time
Bank Feeds available on Reckon Bank Data
How to Export transactions from your bank account
Don’t have permission to download Bankdata on my Credit Card Number.
Why is my ATO status still saying ‘Pending’ and not ‘Success’, even days after submission?
STP upload Error, ‘instance.EmployeeData(*).Detail.Email is not any of (subschema 0),subschema 1),’
PayrollDetail requires property “TotalGross” and “TotalPAYG” error when uploading STP files.
Revoking the Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) for use on another device.
What is recovery PIN and how to access it in Reckon GovConnect STP portal
Error ‘Something went wrong’, when trying to open GovConnect
Common ATO STP Errors in Reckon GovConnect
Registering your software ID to ATO via ATO Access Manager.
How to revoke Multi-Factor Authentication using Recovery PIN in Reckon GovConnect STP portal
FAQS for GovConnect STP
Adding MFA via Chrome extension alternative to smartphone
Two Payment Summaries in MyGov account (one 'Tax ready' and one 'Not Tax Ready')
Final Event column showing as ‘No’ for my terminated employee(s) in the Reckon GovConnect Portal
My company’s legal name is long and doesn’t fit in the Legal name field. What can I do?
Error message 'Please contact the Tax Office', when submitting STP to ATO
Legacy KB ID: 5717
I'm new to Deadly Digits, how do I set up the Payroll and start using it?
We have prepared the following step by step guide on how to set up the payroll and start using it.
Step 1: Purchase Payroll modules
If you have not purchased the payroll modules yet, you can add this module easily by adding it from Customer Portal.
Step 2: Setup Payroll Settings
Payroll settings hold the configuration such as the payroll contact details, bank accounts or other expenses and liabilities accounts to be used for the payroll.
You can also set up your leave details, pay items to be used for payroll, and other settings such as Superstream, creating pay schedules, or entering YTD amount for your employees.
Payroll settings can be accessed via 2 ways,
- The Administration menu (cogwheel icon on the top right corner), Settings and Payroll settings. Or
- Via the Payroll menu and Payroll setup in the left menu bar.
2.1 General Settings (or Advanced menu when selected by second option above):
- Go to Payroll settings and select General settings.
- Enter the Legal Contact details. The fields that are marked with red asterisk are the required fields.
- Scroll to ‘Account Defaults’ section. Fill out the default accounts as your preferences.
- Scroll to Payment defaults section. Select the ‘Round to nearest’ value. ‘No Rounding’ is selected by default.
- Leave the Automatic payments as ticked.
- Scroll to Bank accounts. It is the required fields and must be selected.
2.2 Setup Leave items
Leave settings allows you to create and configure the leave payroll items.
By default, there are five leave items created for your use. You can, however, create your own from here.
- Select a Leave item to open it.
- Scroll to Account section and select the account as your preference.
- Go to the annual entitlement and edit or remove the hours as per your preference.
- Select or unselect the preferences for ‘Reset balance to nil each year’, ‘Pay on termination, ‘Include in time worked leave accruals’, ‘Show leave balance on payslip’.
- Leave Loading is selected by default to 17.5%. Edit or remove it as per your preference.
- Repeat the process for all the leave items you have.
2.3: Setting up Pay Items:
Deadly Digits comes with few different pay items however they must be configured with the correct accounts prior to use, as they are not allocated to any accounts.
Pay items are used to process the payroll for the employees.
You can add or remove any new pay items as per your need. There are 6 different types of pay items and depending on its type there are further sub-types.
The different types of pay items that can be created are as below:
- Company Contribution
Step 3: Setup Superfunds.
Next, you will need to set up a super fund that you will be using on your employee’s record. A different employee may have different super fund therefore, you will need to create them so you can use it on the employee's record.
- Go to the Payroll menu and select Super funds.
- Select Add to create the new record.
- Enter the Name, ABN and other details for the fund and select Save.
- This will enable other tabs to enter more details that are specific to the super funds. Such as bank details and superfund details.
- Enter the bank details for the super fund and the fund details.
- Save and close.
- Repeat the process for other super funds.
Step 4: Setup employees record.
- Go to Payroll menu from the left menu bar and select Employees.
- Select the Add button to add a new employee.
- Enter first name, last name, phone numbers, address details etc and Save to create the record.
- Once the record is created, you will get further tabs to enter more details, such as Personal, Employment, Tax, leave, Pay set up the tab.
- Navigate through all the tabs and complete the details.
Step 5: Create a schedule
Pay schedules are used to group employees in a pay run. You can create a schedule to run on weekly fortnightly or on monthly basis.
- To add a new schedule, go to Administration menu on the top right corner.
- Go to Settings. Scroll to Payroll settings and select Pay Schedules.
- Enter all the required fields and save
- Once the schedule is created, you can go to the employees > employment tab and add the schedule to the employee's record under Pay Schedule tab.
Step 6: Process a pay run and send payslips
To start a pay run:
- Go to the Payroll menu and select Pay runs.
- Select Add button to add the new payrun
- Select Schedule from the Schedule list or Unscheduled.
- If you have selected schedule, the pay period will automatically be filled and cannot be changed.
If it is Unscheduled, you will have to select the pay periods.
- Select Create pay run.
- Now select the pay run you have just created to open it. You will need to review the pays and may need to edit it.
If it is unscheduled pay run, you will need to add employees into it.
- Should you need to make any changes, select the employees to open the record. Make your changes and save it.
- Once satisfied, select the payrun from the breadcrumbs bar to go back to the payrun.
- Go to Actions button on top right and select Finish Payrun to complete the process.
Step 7: Sending Payslips.
- You can email the payslips out for all employees once pay run is complete.
- Go to the Payroll menu and select the pay run, you wish to email for.
- Select Email payslips on the top right corner.
- Select or unselect any employee you do not wish to email for.
- Select Next. Make any changes to the email body, if you wish to.
- Select Send emails.
Step 8: Create a bank payment file ABA file.
Once the payroll is complete, you can also create an ABA file for bank payments.
Ensure that you had selected the direct credit as a payment method in the employee’s record (under Employment tab > Payments)
- Go to the Banking and Bank Payments.
- Select Add Button.
- Select the correct bank account, from where the payment is coming out.
- Enter reference and Create.
- You will now see the Bank payment window. Select Add Payment item to include all the payroll items that you wish to create the ABA file for.
You will see all the payments items here that you have paid earlier. Carefully select all the payroll. Click on Select.
- You will now see the list of all the payroll selected.
- Select Generate File to create the ABA file.
- Save the ABA file to your PC and follow through your bank login to upload it for processing.
Step 9: Process Superstream
Search for Processing SuperStream in the search box at the top of the page for instructions.
Step 10: Process single touch Payroll
Search for Setting up and processing Payroll in the search box at the top of the page for instructions.