Deactivate your subscription
Getting Started - Deadly Digits
Day to Day
Supplier Adjustment Notes
Chart of Accounts
Customer Adjustment Notes
Customer Statements - Deadly Digits
Invoices - Deadly Digits
The JobKeeper Extension Webinar by Clayton Oates (QA Business)
JobKeeper Payments FAQ
Processing JobKeeper Payments in Deadly Digits
JobKeeper reporting periods
Adding JobKeeper Allowance pay items in Deadly Digits
Processing EOFY - Deadly Digits
FAQ - Deadly Digits STP
Using Deadly Digits Timesheets with Payroll
Lodge Tax File Number (TFN) Declaration
Processing a Pay Run
Processing SuperStream Payments
Single Touch Payroll - Deadly Digits
Bank Accounts - Deadly Digits
Undoing a bank reconciliation
Reconciliation - Deadly Digits
Reconciling your accounts
Deadly Digits Transactions
Import Chart of Accounts
Deadly Digits Search
Reconciling External Merchant Fees
Deadly Digits FAQ
Delete the bank transactions (QIF/CSV file) in bulk that was incorrectly imported.
Refund customer overpayment
Configuring and Understanding PayPal integration in Deadly Digits
Credit Card Account has no provision for a Credit Limit
Forcing an immediate update of your Yodlee bankfeed
How to update YTD balances on the Payment summary in Deadly Digits
Receiving a cash refund for an overpayment of a bill.
How do I enter ACN in Deadly Digits?
Super is not calculating
Error: Line item does not have a number, when entering TimeSheet entries on an Invoice
How to close a BankData Account in Deadly Digits
Manually Importing PayPal fee transactions.
Creating a new role for a user in Deadly Digits.
Looping issue when creating new Book.
Payable Type field in Deadly Digits
Setting up a BankData account on Deadly Digits
How to lock or unlock the book.
Unable to pay super guarantee for amounts below $450.00
Manually Importing PayPal transactions
Grey Screen When Trying to Print in Deadly Digits
Downloaded Bankdata transactions disappear from a Deadly Digits Book
Payment summary is out by Pays, which was done via YTD setup.
Latest Bankdata transactions not available in Deadly Digits Book.
Employees are unable to enter timesheets and/or Expense claims on Mobile app.
HTTP ERROR 504 when loading an Account Enquiry Report, and unable to load book. Blank screen
How to add or change or purchase the new modules? Activate /Deactivate Modules
How to enable Estimates or Quotes feature in my Book?
Recording RCTI in Deadly Digits or (buyer created tax invoice)
How do I enable Leave Loading to be included in Super calculations in Deadly Digits?
Unable to login to Deadly Digits Portal when Ad-blocker is installed.
Enter opening balances in Deadly Digits
“Error reading selected bank transactions” when clicking on Reconcile on the Banking Screen
Entering the FBT amount on the Payment Summary in Deadly Digits
Creating an ABA file for batch payments processing in bank, from Deadly Digits.
Creating customer statements
An error occurred submitting single touch payroll details to the API
Credit for GST tax paid on BAS does not match GST on Purchases on GST Summery Report
Access Denied or You do not have enough access rights ... attempting to view a Book on Mobile App
How to link Bankdata feeds and allocate transactions in Deadly Digits
How to process the Termination in Deadly Digits?
How to enter a Director’s Loan into a Deadly Digits Book
Recording SuperStream payments in Deadly Digits
“Invalid Company Information error” in GovConnect STP when submitting pays from Deadly Digits
How to update the billing information in Deadly Digits? How to change the credit card details
Can’t add a tax code to a transaction in the Payments and Receipts window of CashBook.
How to Setup and Calculate Super in Deadly Digits
Importing PayPal transactions and matching with my records from PayPal payment services.
Writing Off Bad-Debts in Deadly Digits:
BankData signup & configuration for Deadly Digits
CashBook Online screen wobbles
Transaction rule does not pick up the transaction
The opening balance changes in a reconciliation when a transaction from previous month, is reconcile
STP Payrun Has No Figures Appearing
Cannot process a downloaded Bank Transaction - <> characters in the Description field.
How to unlock the bank account that has been locked after reconciliation.
Last financial year to date report does not show transactions to today
Removing an account from your Deadly Digits BankData Record
Submitting an STP Update Event or Full File Replacement in Deadly Digits
Understanding RESC in Deadly Digits
Invoice shows Due Date one day before Invoice Date
No ability to unlink a bank ledger account from a bank feed
How to purchase the expired trial book?
The Cash/Bank status for this entry differs from what is was previously set to. This is not allowed
Why do I get an Error 522 when I attempt to add my bank account to my BankData record through Yodlee
Entering YTD Payroll balances in Deadly Digits, when migrating from another software.
Downloaded bank transaction does not allocate to bank ledger accounts
Create new user in Deadly Digits, Delete the user, share the book with accountants
Connecting your Book to your BankData feeds
How to switch the ownership of a bank feed
Text on Deadly Digits new design is not properly aligned
STP Screen has Doubled Up Employees & Gross Amounts in Deadly Digits
Invoices print with part of top and left side cut off
Processing SuperStream in Deadly Digits
Error - Tax code cant be entered for non-taxable items
Entering Gross Amounts (Tax inclusive) or Net Amounts (Tax exclusive) in your transactions.
How to Submit a Nil STP Submission to the ATO using Deadly Digits
Postings don’t balance when entering a Journal.
How to enable/process Taxable Payments Annual Reports (TPAR) in Deadly Digits.
Deadly Digits Invoice does not save.
How to stop reducing SG from Salary Sacrifice (new law effective from 1 Jan 2020) in Deadly Digits
Credit Card transactions no longer available in Deadly Digits after creating a new Yodlee feed
Cannot change Terms and Credit limits on the Deadly Digits App
Error – the value ‘/Date(14749879800000)/’ is not valid for StartDate
SSO (Google/Microsoft) accounts are unable to login from Mobile App.
Do not have a decimal point on the Deadly Digits App
Deleting a Deadly Digits BankData subscription
Duplicate Pay Runs Automatically Created in Deadly Digits
How to edit/delete the paid invoices in Deadly Digits?
Preparing Deadly Digits for Single Touch Payroll, (STP)
Processing GST payable and GST refunds to and from the ATO in Deadly Digits
Setting up and processing Payroll in Deadly Digits.
Editing and creating a new ABA file with an updated amount
‘Pay run error: the number credit is outside the valid range’ when finishing the termination payrun.
Processing Employment termination payments (ETP) in Deadly Digits:
Processing Time In Lieu in Deadly Digits
Changing my Bank Login
Connecting to Yodlee FastLink
Missing Latest Transactions
FAQ - Yodlee
Direct Bank Feeds
Currently Support BankFeeds
Troubleshooting - Bankdata
Bankfeed missing transaction
Creating a direct feed to a Westpac bank account
Missing transactions in BankData downloads
Removing Duplicate transactions from a BankData import in Deadly Digits
You don’t have permission to request bank feeds for this account error when attempting to download B
Unexpected Error Adding Yodlee Feed for BankData
Handling Online Banking and BankData in the one company file
Forcing an immediate update of your Yodlee bankfeed
Bank Feed Management screen is missing some bank feed connections.
Latest Bankdata transactions not available in Deadly Digits Book.
Signing up for a Bankdata license on Reckon Accounts
Do not have an Operator ID to complete signup for an ANZ Credit Card account through Yodlee
Transactions for Yodlee accounts suddenly stop
Yodlee feeds do not automatically update
How to sign up an Australian ANZ Business Banking account to BankData
You dont have permission to request bank feeds .....for an ANZ Business One CC
Accessing Yodlee feeds with MFA for the first time
Bank Feeds available on Reckon Bank Data
How to Export transactions from your bank account
Don’t have permission to download Bankdata on my Credit Card Number.
Why is my ATO status still saying ‘Pending’ and not ‘Success’, even days after submission?
STP upload Error, ‘instance.EmployeeData(*).Detail.Email is not any of (subschema 0),subschema 1),’
PayrollDetail requires property “TotalGross” and “TotalPAYG” error when uploading STP files.
Revoking the Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) for use on another device.
What is recovery PIN and how to access it in Reckon GovConnect STP portal
Error ‘Something went wrong’, when trying to open GovConnect
Common ATO STP Errors in Reckon GovConnect
Registering your software ID to ATO via ATO Access Manager.
How to revoke Multi-Factor Authentication using Recovery PIN in Reckon GovConnect STP portal
FAQS for GovConnect STP
Adding MFA via Chrome extension alternative to smartphone
Two Payment Summaries in MyGov account (one 'Tax ready' and one 'Not Tax Ready')
Final Event column showing as ‘No’ for my terminated employee(s) in the Reckon GovConnect Portal
My company’s legal name is long and doesn’t fit in the Legal name field. What can I do?
Error message 'Please contact the Tax Office', when submitting STP to ATO
Legacy KB ID: 5487
I have just created my Book. How do I enter the opening balances for my ledger accounts?
Use a General Journal.
Opening Balances for ledger accounts can be entered through a General Journal with the counter account being the Equity Account – Opening balance equity.
You can enter all the ledger account balances on one General Journal. You must ensure that all debit values equal credit values.
In preparation for the transfer we suggest:
· specify a date you stop using the old programme and take all measures to ensure your accounts are correct, up-to-date and free of errors. Take into consideration your reporting needs when choosing a date to transfer.
· complete all processing to third parties – such as banking payment files, BAS reports and payments, payment of Payroll Liabilites, etc.
· separate open transactions (unpaid invoices and bills), and adjust your balances accordingly. These open transactions should be entered individually into Deadly Digits. Please make allowances for the dates of these transactions when selecting the start date of your Book. If you cannot use the correct date of the transaction, use the first day of the book and note the actual transactions date in the Notes/Description/Narration field.
In your old programme
1. Print a Trial Balance;
2. Print a list of Open Invoices;
3. Print a list of Open Bills;
4. Print a report that lists the chart of accounts;
5. Print a report that lists all your customers, suppliers & employees;
6. Print a report that lists all your items.
In Deadly Digits
1. Create a new Deadly Digits book. Take into consideration the dates of your open invoices and bills;
2. Setup your bank and credit card accounts in Deadly Digits & configure the opening balance according to your Trial Balance Report.
A system journal entry will be generated with the counter ledger account being “Opening balance equity”.
i. A positive bank balance will result in a credit entry to opening balance equity;
ii. An outstanding credit card balance will result in a debit entry to opening balance equity;
3. Setup your chart of accounts;
4. Setup your customers, suppliers & employees;
5. Setup your items (Note: Deadly Digits doesn't yet have inventory functionality);
6. Setup your payroll items;
7. Re-enter any open invoices
8. Re-enter any open bills.
9. Use the journal transaction form to configure the opening balances of your balance sheets accounts (e.g. assets, liability& equity) according to your Trial Balance report adjusted for any open invoices and bills. See below for further detailed instructions.
Note: Deadly Digits has the following system default accounts that you need to be aware of:
· Accounts Receivable (Deadly Digits uses this account to track amounts customers owe to your business)
· Accounts Payable (Deadly Digits uses this account to track amounts your business owes to suppliers)
· GST Collected (Deadly Digits uses this account to track tax amounts on income transactions)
· GST Paid (Deadly Digits uses this account to track tax amounts on expense transactions)
· Opening balance equity
· Retained earnings
o This account is meant for Cash Register Funds or Cash on Hand.
o It appears with bank accounts but does not have full bank account functionality.
o Do not use this account for your bank account.
When your account information has been transferred:
1. Print the Trial Balance and compare to your Trial Balance from your old programme and confirm they are the same. See below for more details.
2. To report on data before the closing date you would use your previous accounting application reports. To report on data after the closing date you would use the Deadly Digits application reports.
So if your closing date is within a financial year then you would need to maintain& work with both application reports until you roll over to the next financial year.
Entering a General Journal
1. Open the form from Day to Day > Business > Journals > Add
2. Journal date should be the date, or day before, your first transaction;
3. In Amounts, select whether the amounts will be Gross or Net of tax;
4. In Summary, enter Opening balances on dd/mm/yyyy;
5. Select the ledger account in the Account column;
6. Enter each ledger account balance on a separate line;
7. Click on Add new row to open a new line;
8. Although you can enter all balances on one Journal form you may want to enter them in batches to allow you to do them over a period of time, to ease troubleshooting if errors occur, and minimise the potential loss of data from possible system and internet issues;
9. Where a balancing item is required, use the Opening balance equity account;
10. To Save a Journal entry, the Total Debit Amount must equal the Total Credit Amount.
To Print a Trial Balance
1. Reporting > Reports Centre > Categories> Financial
2. Click on the Generate button on Trial Balance
Need more help?
Ask the Reckon Community at: https://www.reckon.com/au/support/one/